Computer Assembly and Service Technician
At CoastIPC, we design and build industrial computers that function as the brains for the smartest machines in the world. We are seeking an inquisitive and adaptive individual that enjoys working on new projects each day as part of our shop team.
In this role, you will learn about industrial computers and their applications. Our customers vary from startups to Fortune 50 companies that leverage our products for applications that include artificial intelligence, robotics, and industrial automation. You will get to work directly with our customers as the primary contact for service and technical support.
As a part of the CoastIPC team, you not only get to work with today’s most innovative companies, but you will also learn about the business process and how to use our product and tracking systems. If you are service-minded, like collaboration, and are excited about how technology is changing the world, let’s talk.
- Coordinate inbound service inquires with lead technical staff, screen customer situations, and issue RMAs when appropriate
- Track all service from initial call to closing cases and customer satisfaction
- Work with lead technical staff to troubleshoot customer products and track correspondence with manufacturer when necessary
- Assemble a range of computers including small fanless units, rackmounts, and PanelPCs for single and multiple unit orders following CoastIPC guidelines and procedures
- Test and validate functionality and manage quality control of the products getting ready to ship
- Collaborate with applications engineers, designers, and top management to suggest process and product improvements
- Associates Degree in EE or Computer Science – or 2 years relevant work experience
- Prior assembly of computers or electronics a must – could be as a hobbiest
- Practical experience installing and updating Windows and Linux operating systems and/or other software packages
- Well organized, flexible, multi-task capable with ability to shift priorities under direction
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding team oriented communication skills including writing and documentation
- Calm and positive attitude with customers under stress with empathy and understanding
- Must be capable of lifting 50lb box several times per day
- Team player who will respond positively to learning all aspects of our business
- Passion for cutting edge technology
- Enjoy solving puzzles and challenging problems
- Responsible team member taking ownership of role and outcomes
- An interest in the markets we serve and the customers we work with
- Higher than competitive salary
- Generous vacation
- Health and Dental Plan
- ST/LT Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K Immediate company contribution
- Education and seminar support
- Team Lunch – every Friday
Life at the Coast
Every day is different. New customers bring new technical challenges, new technology emerges, and the world economy turns with excitement and unpredictability. You will be part of a team that thrives on challenges and gets great satisfaction from customer success.
You will work with our customers who are innovation leaders in established industries undergoing change such as manufacturing; growing industries such as autonomy; and emerging applications such as AI/Inference. You will learn from experts and teach yourself about technology on the edge. You'll have a front row seat to tomorrow.