In commercial fishing, recording data and creating observer reports about the harvest is essential while at sea. Traditionally, vessels have a human observer on deck to handle this important task. Video monitoring systems represent an alternative to bringing
- October 12, 2021 / by Coast IPCRead more »
- October 01, 2021 / by Coast IPCRead more »
Microsoft will release the latest version of the Windows operating system (OS) — Windows 11 — on October 5, 2021. This does not mean you can or should automatically update your OS that day, however. Let’s take a high-level look at the important facts
- September 30, 2021 / by Coast IPCRead more »
Neousys Technologies’ Nuvo-7000 series of rugged, fanless embedded computers meets the new UL 62368-1 safety standard, which applies to audio/video, information, and communication equipment for computing, networking, and telecommunications.
- September 20, 2021 / by Coast IPCRead more »
September 17, 2021, marks 30 years since Linus Torvalds first released the Linux operating system kernel. Today, the Linux family of open-source operating systems represents one of the primary platforms used in industrial and embedding computing applications of all types.
- August 10, 2021 / by Coast IPCIn automotive manufacturing, machine vision systems perform automated inspection and detection tasks for quality assurance, production, and other processes. Read all about how this system was designed and deployed.Read more »
- June 23, 2021 / by Coast IPCIn today’s highly distributed computing environments, where data and even processing can be shared over a network of many devices, time synchronization is critical to the success of many industries. In time-critical applications like machine vision, IEEE 1588 PTP can help.Read more »
- June 15, 2021 / by Coast IPCIt is no secret that a serious imbalance between supply and demand exists right now for semiconductor chips. This shortage has impacted products ranging from toothbrushes to trucks to, yes, computers — with no immediate solution on the horizon.Read more »
- June 07, 2021 / by Coast IPCJoin us on Thursday, June 17, at the Vision Systems Design Tech Summit to see John DeWaal and Skye Gorter discuss how industrial PCs continue to evolve to meet growing challenges in edge AI and machine vision applications.Read more »
- June 01, 2021 / by Coast IPCThe POC-40 compact embedded controller from Neousys Technology features an Intel Elkhart Lake Atom processor and measures just 52 x 89 x 112 mm, making it suitable for deployment into space constrained industrial automation applications.Read more »